Everyone I know likes a sparkling clean kitchen…but no one I know is fond of spending a lot of time in the kitchen! With that in mind, here are a few tips to help you keep your kitchen shining with a minimum investment of time!
1. Before serving dinner, run a sink full of very hot soapy water. When everyone finishes eating, they can each wash and rinse their own plate! 2. For easy cleanup, after using, fill your blender container with warm water, add a few drops of liquid detergent, and blend for 30 seconds; then rinse.
3. If food spills over and burns on the oven floor, sprinkle a handful of salt on the mess. The smoke will be reduced and the spill easier to clean after the oven cools. You can add some cinnamon to the salt to help reduce odors.
4. To avoid white watermarks in pans when boiling puddings, eggs etc., add a little vinegar to the water (cider vinegar is less potent if you don’t like the smell).
5. Clean one section of your kitchen a night. Maybe one refrigerator shelf or the fronts of all cabinets, etc. Pretty soon your kitchen will shine and you have only spent a little extra time per night.
6. To clean stains from plastic dishes or utensils, combine 3/4 cup chlorine bleach and 3/4 cup baking soda and let the mixture stay on the stained utensil for 5 minutes; then wash and rinse thoroughly.
7. Spray plastic-ware with nonstick cooking spray before pouring in tomato-based sauces and you won’t be stuck trying to clean off those stains!
8. Be sure to use a spoon rest on your stove top. You’ll be amazed at how much it helps in keeping your stove clean.
9. Soak cloudy drinking glasses in slightly warm white vinegar.
Helping you live the good life…on a budget! Cyndi Roberts is the editor of the “1 Frugal Friend 2 Another” bi-weekly e-newsletter and founder of the website of the same name. Visit http://www.cynroberts.com to find creative tips, articles, and a free e-cooking book. Subscribe to the e-newsletter and receive the free e-course “Taming the Monster Grocery Bill”. by Cyndi Roberts
Powered by Max Banner Ads