Just as teams rely on their play-books, home cooks can be ready with a variety of all-star snacks and dishes on game day or any day just by stocking up on a few quality and convenient pantry staples, according to Jennifer Bushman, the author of the Kitchen Coach Cookbooks. Among her “coaching” tips for easy and budget-friendly meal ideas is preparing great food and saving time by making one-pot/one-bowl recipes. Read Jennifer’s tips below and be sure to visit www.makinglifebetter.com
Slow Cooker Hot Golden Artichoke Dip
Prep Time: 5 Minutes Cook Time: 2 Hours
1 can (14 oz.) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese (about 4 oz.)
1 cup Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
1 container (8 oz.) sour cream
1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Golden Onion Soup Mix
1. In 1-1/2-quart slow cooker, combine all ingredients.
2. Cook covered on HIGH 2 hours or until heated through. Stir before serving and serve with your favorite dippers. Makes three cups dip.
Super Easy Slow Cooker Chili
Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 4 Hours
1-1/2 lbs. ground beef, browned
1 can (19 oz.) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 jar Ragú® Old World Style® Pasta Sauce
1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix
4 tsp. chili powder
1. In slow cooker, combine all ingredients and cook covered on LOW 8 hours or HIGH 4 hours.
2. Serve, if desired, over hot cooked rice. Makes six servings.
“With some ‘kitchen coaching,’ trusted ingredients and a keen eye on your budget, everyone will be a winner,” says Bushman who recommends these mealtime-winning strategies:
Be a one-pot gourmet. Save on cooking and clean-up time by choosing easy, delicious, one-pot dips and recipes. Less time in the kitchen means more time to enjoy friends and family.
- Make a dish for less than “four quarters.” A great source is the “Budget Recipes” section of www.makinglifebetter.com for affordable meal and snack ideas. The site’s Slow Cooker Hot Golden Artichoke Dip and Shedd’s Snack Mix each cost less than $1 per serving.
- Always start with a meal game plan. Plan your game-day spread and keep your pantry stocked with essential versatile staples, such as Hellmann’s® Mayonnaise, Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix, Ragú® pasta sauce and Knorr® Sides.
- Keep your team light on their feet. Have some better-for-you food options for your family and guests. Use low-fat sour cream or shredded cheddar cheese toppings or cut up pieces of whole grain bread to use as an easy dipper for your favorite one-pot recipes, like Super Easy Slow Cooker Chili.
- Visit www.makinglifebetter.com for simple, tasty and affordable one-pot/one-bowl recipes and meal ideas.
Find more great recipes at http://www.momfuse.com
Powered by Max Banner Ads